Friday, February 6, 2015

Becoming A BETTER You In 2015

Many people want better businesses, but they don’t realize that they have to become better people first. You have to work harder, smarter, and as fast as you can. You have to take massive action just to be mildly successful.

The more you want to be successful, the more you have to elevate and become higher as a person. 

So how do you become that better person?

Learn how to become a better you. We are not just business owners. We are parents, students, community members. We have to be better.

So I have three tips to becoming a better you this year:


Tip#1 - Identify your bad habits
Tip#2 - Replace the bad habit with a good habit
Tip#3 - Take action everyday!


Here is the first tip to becoming a better you.


Tip#1 - Identify your bad habits

Figure out what you need to eliminate in your life.

If there is a bad habit of not following through, not taking care of details, or thinking or speaking negatively, you must identify what it is. Identify what it is so that you know what you are dealing with.

If you criticize yourself a lot “ You are nobody, you are no good.” If you do nothing, then those thoughts stay with you.

Instead you can say “ I didn’t do this well, but here’s a solution to it.” Once you start providing solutions you will say “Wow, I just solved my own problems.” You start to feel empowered.

Don’t wait for somebody else to tell you what you need to do. Don’t wait for somebody else to come tell you the solution.

Don’t wait for anybody.

Evaluate yourself. Give yourself a report card.

Go through all the different areas of your life. Spiritual, home, business, career, job, school, parenting, relationships. Whatever it is that you are doing—-grade yourself. 

How was I last week? What improvements can I make?

Ask yourself: What can I do differently?

You get better answers when you ask better questions.

For example, you gained a little weight. Ask yourself: What can I do differently?

The answer may be work out more. Seems obvious but a hard promise to keep if you not mentally ready for that commitment. (Or you control how much food you eat).

That brings us to Tip#2

Tip#2- Replace the bad habit with a good habit

I have a sweet tooth. So I started eating apples and pineapples (and low calorie gum) to beat my cravings.

You know that there is a need and you are filling that need in a more positive way.

If you say “ I have to be entertained.” If I have to be entertained, but I have to be in training mode, then I’ll find a video of someone who traines and entertains at the same time. (like me - Energized Wednesdays- LOL)

You have to replace the bad habits with something good. So you are not thinking “ I have to stop doing this!!!” 

No. It’s not about what you are going to stop. It’s about what you are going to start.

Add good habits into your life.

If I want to stop being lazy and having a a lack of energy, then I would start going to the gym. Going to the gym everyday will help my energy to go up and I could get more done. 

I wouldn’t say “ Today I am not going to lay around.” Saying that over and over again while I sit in the bed is only going to cause me to nap. 

The problem is being in the house. The solution is not staying out of the house but finding somewhere to go. 

(Sitting in the car saying “I have no where to go” will not help the situation).

Tip#3 Take action everyday!

Yesterday, my family came first so I stayed home. But usually, I go to the gym 4-5 days a week. 

At this point, it’s all about results.

If you say that I am willing to do whatever it takes, THAT’S BECOMING A BETTER YOU!

If you have to break bad habits…do whatever it takes.

If you have to form new habits…do whatever it takes.

If you work at it everyday, you will get results. Once you become a better person then you will have a better life, relationships, and a better business.


This year make it your business to make positive changes in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment